Why Homeowners in Grand Rapids Choose Stout Creek
Can Be Rather Confusing…
Here are a Few of the Reasons Why
Stout Creek Landscapes
was recently voted
"Best Landscaping Company"
by the readers of Grand Rapids Magazine!
- 27 Consecutive Years in Business
- Over 85% of Our Work comes by Referral and Additional Work for Our Customers
- Designed over 600 Landscape Projects since 1987
- Over 25 + Recent Customer References You Can Call
- Written Installation Processes (so you know specifically what we will be doing and how we will be doing it).
- Certified Green Industry Professionals – Creating and promoting Michigan’s sustainable lifestyles and environmental quality.
- Certifications for Installation of Hardscape (ICPI) and Retaining Walls (NCMA)
- 5 Year Warranty on Hardscapes and Masonry Work.
- Hardy, Upper Midwest grown, plants held in our own on-site 8 acre nursery overseen by our staff of certified nurserymen.
- Year-round maintenance of your landscape to ensure 4-season beauty.
- NO Surprise Pricing for Lawn Maintenance - Our agreements provide a fixed price for lawn mowing and a detailed list of services to be provided so you know what you are getting for your hard-earned dollars.
- Owner holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Landscape Horticulture from MSU.
- And that is just for starters…
My name is Douglas Byl, President of Stout Creek Landscapes and I want to reassure you that doing business with our company will be a very positive experience. We are in the business of growing relationships one landscape at a time.
Since 1987 we’ve done something unique in the landscape design/build/maintenance business in the Grand Rapids area. We’ve eliminated most of the problems homeowners typically have trying to find, hire, evaluate and work with a landscape contractor.
Whether it’s a large design and build project, a water feature, pavers and walls, creating a natural area, mowing your lawn, or simply increasing your home’s curb appeal, we understand that a lot of people experience some concern when looking for a landscape contractor they can trust to work with them from conceptualizing a project all the way through to completion, follow up, and maintenance.
ANY landscape contractor you talk to:
1. Reputation of the Company in the Community and their Business Stability
2. Experience and Methodology for Your Type of Projects
3. Service Before, During and After Your Project
I believe that a professional Landscape Company is providing a great service by enhancing, promoting and contributing to the natural beauty of their community; and should be a dedicated member of the businesses community, taking great pride in their work.
Even a “simple” project requires multiple skills and knowledge: Design, horticulture, engineering, and craftsmanship. Be sure that the company you choose has the experience for YOUR type of project. Otherwise, they’re going to be learning on the job…. YOUR JOB.
Keep in mind that a lot companies come and go. In fact, in a 2011 survey, over 35% of landscape companies had failed in their first 5 years. So when it comes to follow- up service, warranties and guarantees, they’re only as good as the company that stands behind them.
If you want to increase your enjoyment and use of your outdoor living space with a new patio, new landscape plantings, new walkways, a water feature, retaining walls or landscape lighting it is possible for your landscape project to be done right the first time without the hidden charges, hassles or poor quality that are all too commonly found in our industry.
We have extensive experience with drainage and water problems and can provide eco-friendly options like a rain garden. We strive to use plant varieties native to Michigan, and grown in the upper Midwest. Providing 4-season interest is one way that we beautify your property all year long.
We provide 4-season landscape maintenance and management services including: lawn mowing, spring and fall cleanups, insect and disease control, pruning, mulching, seasonal flower plantings and so much more. You can read about all of our services by clicking here.
I encourage you to carefully review our site. We will provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide and step-by-step installation process upon request.
If you’re worried about the cost to design/install/maintain your landscape, this information will provide you with an advantage in evaluating, hiring and working with a landscape contractor.
I realize our industry is competitive and I appreciate this opportunity to earn your business. I realize what it takes to get your business, what it takes to give you the results you demand and what needs to be done to eliminate many of the common headaches and frustrations people have with landscape projects.
Thanks for your time and we look forward to making your property a showplace in your neighborhood.
Many Landscape Companies FAIL in their FIRST 5 Years…
Stout Creek Landscapes has been in Business Continuously
In Grand Rapids since 1987 Serving:
Greater Grand Rapids, Ada, Cascade, Rockford, Belmont,
East Grand Rapids, Forest Hills, North Muskegon, Sparta,
Cannonsburg, Grand Haven, Holland, Comstock Park,
Kentwood, Walker and Surrounding Communities.